The Finance office, under the supervision of the Finance Director, oversees the County’s finances and elections.
The responsibilities for County finances include:
- Cash management and investment of County funds
- Monitors and manages all County bank accounts and reconciliations
- Prepares and mails tax notices and statements
- Calculation, collection and disbursement of taxes for real estate, personal property and mobile homes
- Ditch System
- Collection of special assessments and delinquent taxes
- Forfeited property due to delinquent taxes
- Funds received and disbursed by the county
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- County capital asset records
- Grant funding and other government financial reporting
- Annual summary budgets
- Year end audits and creation of the annual financial statements
- Payroll preparation and administration
- Process passport applications
The responsibilities for administration of elections include:
- Maintaining voter registration information
- Election training for all County election judges
- Organization of materials and equipment for election day
- Any other activity leading up to the election, on election day and post election required paperwork.
In addition to all the above the office administers issuance of liquor and auctioneer licenses and fireworks permits.