RECYCLING IS MANDATORY...
Click here to see Recycling Ordinance No. 4
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please keep plastic bags and film out of your recycling bins! Clean plastic bags can be taken back to the retail stores for recycling. Keep your recyclables loose in the cart or bin. If you collect your recycling in a bag please dump it out of the bag into the recycling bin and throw the bag in with your garbage. Thank you!
Check out this video of a Material Recovery
Facility that sorts single stream recycling.
RECYCLING CENTER DROP BOXES
PLEASE read the signs for what can and cannot go in the drop boxes. Please be sure to REMOVE ANY STYROFOAM AND PLASTIC FROM CARDBOARD BOXES and BREAK DOWN THE BOX before putting them into the recycling bin. Thank you.
REMINDER: Misuse of these containers may result in their removal.
THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS ARE ACCEPTED AT DODGE COUNTY RECYCLING DROP-OFF DEPOTS.
|NEWSPAPER, JUNK MAIL, FOLDING CARTONS
- Bundle in Paper sacks, do not tie, NO PLASTIC BAGS!
- Include inserts from newspaper & all types of envelopes
- Folding cartons are cereal or cracker-type boxes, etc.
- NO Waxy coated boxes (i.e. frozen or microwave food)
- No tissue paper, napkins, pizza boxes, towels
- Layered with a wavy center
- Remove ALL packaging inside and Flatten
- NO Waxy corrugated cardboard
- bundle in paper sacks, do not tie
- include other glossy paper
| OFFICE PAPER
- Notebook, copy & computer paper, letterhead, envelopes, etc.
- Bundle in paper sacks - NO PLASTIC BAGS, please!
- Bright colored paper is accepted
| ALUMINUM CANS
- Empty and Rinse
| TIN/STEEL CANS
- Rinse and Remove loose lids
| GLASS BOTTLES & JARS
- NO LIDS, please!
- Rinse Clean
- No ceramic dishes or mugs, window glass or plexiglass, light bulbs, glassware or Pyrex
| PLASTIC BOTTLES
- All narrow neck bottles
- Lids are accepted on the bottle
- Plastic bottles, milk and water jugs, detergents, cleaners, shampoo bottles
- Rinse Clean
- #1, #2 and #5 plastics are accepted. (Please look at bottom of container)
- Small containers - 8" max diameter
- Squeezable bottles
- Yogurt containers & Margarine tubs
- Rinse Clean
- NO toys, car parts, diapers, furniture, laundry baskets, styrofoam, or car seats. Please!
- Rinse Clean
- Milk and juice cartons
- Juice boxes
- Broth and cream cartons
A short list of items NOT to put in your recycling bin:
* Plastic Bags * Batteries * Shredded paper * Needles
* Styrofoam * Diapers * Plastic Toys * Food and plant waste
* Take out containers * Ceramic dishes * tubing, holiday lights * disposable plates and cutlery
* Egg Cartons * vinyl siding *waxy cardboard * scrap metal
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE is provided by licensed haulers and they are required by the County to provide this service. Most haulers provide this service free! It’s easy, just call your hauler and ask for it! Have them provide you with a listing of what can and cannot go into your curbside bin.
THE RECYCLING CENTER
Located next to the Transfer Station at 62236 240th Ave on Co Rd 21 between Kasson and Mantorville. Phone: 507-634-7875
Hours at the Recycling Center:
Monday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday - Friday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to Noon
The Recycling Center, drop box locations and most haulers accept commingled recycling. This means that recycled materials can be put together in the same container. If you have a hauler - they should provide instructions for their recycling requirements. See below for the drop box locations and if separating is required at the location that you use - please follow instructions on the Drop Boxes.
RURAL DROP-OFF RECYCLING DEPOTS are available for people that do not have curbside recycling service. The Depots are available at the following locations around the County:
Berne -All recyclables commingled in one box.
|Claremont - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
By the City Shop
|Dodge Center - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
North of the City Maintenance Shop
|Hayfield - Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
Next to the Co Shed, N of Hwy 30 on Center St
|Kasson/Mantorville - Separate cardboard. All other items can go together.
Gate C at the Recycling Center
|West Concord- Cardboard and paper separated in one box and all other recycling in the 2nd box.
Moved to the County Hwy Shop at 195 Front St effective Oct 5, 2020.
|Ellington, Old Concord, Westfield and Vernon - All recyclables commingled in one box.
ELECTRONIC WASTE cannot go in the trash. Please bring them to the Dodge County Transfer Station.
- $20 for TV/Monitors
- $5 for all other e-waste
- If the item is broken down or taken apart an additional $25 special handling fee will be charged.
- Fees are subject to change.
Click here to see what is acceptable electronic waste and what is not classified as electronic waste. Please inquire if non-qualified electronics are able to be recycled another way.
For further information call 507-634-7875.
|BRING YOUR UNWANTED CLOTHING AND SHOES TO A USAGAIN BIN AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:|
- Dodge County Recycling Center located south of the building- next to the Self Serve Waste Depot (green/tan) building.
- Hayfield by the Recycling drop boxes.
- Claremont by the Recycling drop boxes.
- West Concord in the Liquor Store parking lot.
Minnesota Materials Exchange - The Minnesota Materials Exchange program is a free service that links organizations that have reusable goods they no longer need to those who can use them. By providing a business reuse network, the Materials Exchange program helps prevent usable materials from becoming waste. Click here to visit the website.
THINKING OF DONATING YOUR CAR FOR REUSE?
Follow the link for the MN State Attorney General webpage on things to watch out for and a list of charities that will accept vehicles for donations. https://www.ag.state.mn.us/consumer/publications/VehicleDonations.asp